Friday, April 21, 2017

JAI #356 Choose Two



Well hello there,
our Easter break flew by in a haze of paint as we took the opportunity to paint Mr 9's room. We got the job done but I seriously needed a rest after! In the pursuit of relaxation I did find the time to tackle the new Just Add Ink challenge. This week we have a Just Choose Two challenge from Kelly. You have three options and we want you to Choose Two. Here they are.


Somehow the combination of circles and metallics appealed to me (although I couldn't resist adding flowers into the mix too).




Glimmery, shimmery shine - don't you love sparkle!! I think you know I do ;)

I went bold with this one and as I was splotching on splashes of colours I did have a moment of 'is this really going to work?' But I was delighted with the end result. I wanted to go with a sort of reverse contrast effect keeping my flowers white and gold and adding all the floral and landscape colours in behind them. I used lots of circles in the making of the card and for my stripey hillside. Metallics came into play in the flowers, glimmer mat and sentiment. This one was made and delivered within a couple of days. I'm happy to say the birthday girl liked it, lots :)

Do go check out the rest of the fabulous projects from the DT. Then show us your take on the challenge!

Thanks for visiting,
Kim 

Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Flower Patch, Thoughtful Banners
Cardstock: Tempting Turquoise, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White
Ink: Wild Wasabi, Melon Mambo, Rich Razzleberry, Real Red, Tempting Tuquoise
Accessories: Circles Collection framelits (R), Flower Fair framelits, Classic Scalloped circles nestabilites (Spellbinder), Classic Label punch, Water colour paper, Gold Glimmer paper, Subtles DSP stack, Gold embossing powder, Sequins - metallics, Sewing machine, Dimensionals, Tear and Tape

6 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous circle-fest of colour! I've never thought to gold-emboss the flowers from Flower Patch, but they look great. Lovely creation, Kim.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You totally nailed the challenge with this gorgeous card! Such fabulous colour and interest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bold and beautiful Kim! I adore those vibrant background details and the blooms in gold...Gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow this is fabulous Kim! I love how bright and bold the colours in your inky background are and how your gold embossing really pops amongst it! Such beautiful attention to detail and your inside bloom and background is just as special. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that you've made a circle card Kim - how clever!!! This is fabulous! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So nice to see a circle card - love those blooms gold embossed! A gorgeous feast of colour. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!