Friday, February 3, 2017

JAI #345 Sketch



Hello there,
I know some people love the hot and balmy air of summer but in all honestly I have had enough. Actually I'd had enough of the hot temps a week ago and then it got hotter - just to spite me and there is no end in sight! Blerk! Luckily I was able to park myself under some air conditioning and work on this week's Just Add Ink challenge. This week we want you to Just Add a Sketch from Narelle. Here it is.
And this is what I came up with. Once I decided the bigger circle was to be a balloon it evolved from there.


The inside.


I didn't want to turn my balloon into a big black blob (which it should strictly speaking be as a silhouette) so while I cut the intricate die in black I backed it with white and an overlay of polka dot gold foil acetate. The balloon needed a finishing touch so I made some tassels out of metallic gold thread. To create the background I first masked my sun and brayered the background. Then I created a negative mask for the sun and filled it with colour. Using a stencil cut from acetate using the Sunburst thinlet I clear embossed sun rays over the top of the whole background - yum shiny! Splashes of gold and clear Wink of Stella and a few sequins finish it all off!

For more sketch inspiration don't forget to check out the fabulous projects of the rest of the Just Add Ink DT.

Thanks for visiting,
Kim


Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Lift Me Up
Cardstock: Whisper White (Thick), Pool Party, Shimmery White
Ink: Pool Party, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Real Red, Cherry Cobler, Tuxedo Black (Memento), Versamark 
Accessories: Up and Away Thinlets, Sunburst thinlet, 2" circle punch, Clear embossing powder, Window sheet, Brayer (R), Gold foil, Fabulous Foil Gold Acetate, Gold metallic thread, Metallic sequins, Fine Tip Glue pen, Tear and Tape, Dimensionals

5 comments:

  1. Wow, Kim. That is one fab, technique filled card. The depth of colour & detail in your sponged background is really fantastic & the balloon was a very inspired choice. Amazing work, my friend.
    D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic Kim! The depth of colour in your background is wonderful, so vibrant and so many lovely details! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on the hot weather we've been having, and super grateful for the cool change these past few days. Your card is spectacular - those colours and shading...gorgeous. Would love to see the shiny clear embossing irl, I imagine it's the perfect finish to your fabulous card. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely stunning Kim! Your background details and depth of colour is breathtaking and your balloon, in black and white such is a wonderful centrepiece. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is fabulous Kim - I love the way it's all come together. Great interpretation of the sketch! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!