Friday, September 2, 2016

JAI #327 Just add a colour combo


Hello there,
we are rapidly trekking towards Father's Day here in Australia and I still have a couple of card to make - eek! Aside from Father's Day at this time of year I'm right in the middle of a whole stack of masculine family birthdays so the challenge this week at Just Add Ink was just perfect. This week Jan has suggested a great masculine friendly colour combo. Here it is.

I decided to take the colours and go a bit coastal and make a birthday card for my brother. Here it is.



I always find making masculine cards involves a lot of restraint with respect to embellishments. But I try and counterbalance that with lots of texture - in this instance with stamping, embossing the vellum, and adding burlap and twine. I also stamped my starfish twice, trimming out the second and mounting it over the top of the first. I think this will go down quite well with my coastal loving brother.

Hope you can join us this week! Do drop past the blogs of the rest of the DT for some wonderful colour inspiration.

Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Picture Perfect, Gorgeous Grunge, Hardwood, Thoughtful Banners
Cardstock: Dapper Denim, Soft Sky, Whisper White, Vellum
Ink: Dapper Denim, Calypso Coral
Accessories: A Little Foxy DSP, Layering Circles Framelits, Classic Label punch, Softly Falling embossing folder, Burlap ribbon, Calypso Coral thick baker's twine, Tear and Tape, Dimensionals

1 comment:

  1. This is so gorgeous Kim! I love the way you've layered the starfish over the vellum with the soft and dark blues together and the striking contrast of the coral stripes along the side. So very coastal and I'm sure your brother will love it! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!