Friday, July 1, 2016

JAI #318 Just add something beginning with S



Hello there,
I managed to squeeze in some inky time this week (to play with new goodies!!) which was great!!! (Those projects will be turning up on the blog in the next few weeks so keep an eye out). I was trying to get ahead on some projects - DT and for classes - before our winter school holidays start. Routines go out the window then and usually so does time for me stamp (although I have been known to cart along a craft bag with projects to complete if we are travelling). First off the rank was my project for this week's Just Add Ink challenge from Tina. To Just Add 'S'. How do we want you to add 'S' ? Well we mean add anything that begins with S, as a major part of your project. This can be a colour like Smokey Slate, an object like star, sunburst, snail, or a technique like shadow box, or a shaving cream background. 

Here's what I came up with. How many 'S's can you find?


The inside

Well this is officially my first Christmas card for the year. Maybe it was the almost snowy weather we've had recently, or just the imminent approach of July! So I've gone all out and I think added at least six 'S' elements - star, silver (ribbon and embossing), sequins, shaker, snow globe, snowman. I reckon that's not bad. Are you curious how I made the base for my snow globe? Here's a pic to show you.

This challenge gives you lots of scope to have some fun so I hope you can join us. Don't forget to check out the rest of the DT's projects for some fun 'S' inspiration. 

Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Hardwood, Number of Years, Festival of Trees (R)(eek I only just realised this was retired!, Jingle all the Way (R)
Cardstock: Old Olive, Early Espresso, Whisper White
Ink: Old Olive, Early Espresso, Versamark
Accessories: Large Number framelits, Circles framelits (R), Bitty Banner framelits (R), Softly Falling embossing folder, Merry Moments DSP (R), Star punch (R), Silver glimmer paper, Silver embossing powder, Silver Satin ribbon, Project Life journalling pen, Window sheet, Foam adhesive strips, Dimensionals, Tear and Tape, Tombow multi, Sequins (R)

3 comments:

  1. Such a special Christmas card Kim! I love how you've created your snow globe and base - the wood effect is fabulous.. And so many lovely details inside, the snowman, snow and sequins and the luxurious satin bow to tie it all together. Hope you stay warm and enjoy the school holidays xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving this cute snow globe Kim. Such a clever idea and the tree theme and wood grain is a great combo. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally cute and clever. Love the silver elements. Well done on getting your first Chrissie card of the year done! xox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!