Friday, January 22, 2016

JAI #295 Just add a sketch


Hello there,
thank you to everyone who left comments last week on my Just Add Ink blog hop post. It was a real pleasure to hear from you! Well in between entertaining the kids while they are on their summer school holidays I managed to squeeze in making a card for the new Just Add Ink challenge this week. This week we want you to Just Add a Sketch from Tina.


I broke out my favourite Sale-a-bration set - Flowering Fields.




Working with the sketch I decided to make little cameos using some of the flowers. This set really appeals to me as the flowers are very familiar as they are illustrations of native Australian flowers. The sketch was scarily CAS for me so I added a mat of DSP, toning it down with an overlay of vellum and since I was sewing it on I couldn't help but add some sequins underneath (yes again - it's a problem ;) It's very difficult to see but I also clear embossed the white mat using the Happy Patterns Decorative Mask so there is a lovely shine and gleam that adds an extra dimension to the card. Having dealt with my 'white space' issues I was pretty happy with how this turned out. 

Do check out the rest of the DT for some fabulous and inventive sketch inspiration.

Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Flowering Fields, Tag-its #1 (PaperTrey Ink)
Cardstock: Lost Lagoon, Blackberry Bliss, Whisper White
Ink: Blackberry Bliss, Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Accessories: Copic markers, Wildflower Fields DSP, circle punch, cardstock vellum, Happy Patterns Decorative mask, clear embossing powder, Silver twine (R), Sewing machine, Silver sequins, Dimensionals, Double sided tape (X Press) 

6 comments:

  1. Another beautifully detailed card, Kim. I love that you stitch sequins under the vellum, it's a fabulous look. Something I must try one of these days myself. Gorgeous use of this sketch. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is pretty! I really like how the vibrant circle images imitate the soft floral beneath the vellum....Love that stitching and shaker effect too. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is stunning Kim! I adore your stitched shaker background- the vellum gives the bold DSP such a softness and your cameo flowers are so beautifully coloured! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim! You CAN do white space - this card is fantastic! I love the simplicity of the flowers in the circles, and your colouring is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a delicate and soft card this is even though you've used some bright colours! You can't go wrong with an addition of sequins :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this card. I have all the "ingredients" and will definitely CASE (and give you credit!) Thank you for sharing. I hope you will visit my site and leave a comment. No one seems to do that and I'm getting a complex...lol. http://karenscardkorner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!